Saturday 3 October 2015

Easy Gelish Nail Art!

A few days ago I created this very simple nail art design using a stamping plate and decided to share it with you!

 
I used gelish to create the base for my design but of course this could easily be done using normal nail polishes also.
 
 
I prepped my nails using the SensatioNail cleanser followed by their Base Primer. I also used their top and base coat for this design.
 
For the colour base of the design, I used two thin coats Cool Breeze by SensatioNail on all fingers. Once cured, I then put a thin layer of CH17 by BlueSky on the middle nail and cured.
 
 
I really love Cool Breeze and think it looks so nice on its own and with the BlueSky glitter too! However, I recently got a new stamping plate and thought one of the images would look nice on top of this colour.
 
The plate I used was BP-L007 by Born Pretty and I used the first image on the second row of the plate.
To stamp, I used a Creative Shop stamper and scraper and MoYou London stamping polish in black. Once the image was stamped I cleaned around the nail using a clean up brush and acetone, top coated and cured the design.
 
 
 
 Here is a better close up of the image I stamped
 


xox

5 comments:

  1. is this plate easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Born Pretty stamping plates are so easy to use. I've never had any issue with them :)

      Delete
    2. can you use normal nail polish with these plates or does it need the special stamping nail polishes to work?

      Delete
    3. I've used both normal Models Own and Rimmel London nail polishes and both have worked fine with all my Born Pretty plates so I think it's just trial and error. You can get really good stamping polishes like the Born Pretty ones or MoYou London on amazon though for really good prices.

      Delete
    4. thanks so much for the quick reply. I think I will try the moyou stamping polishes as the black looks really opaque in your pictures. thanks for sharing the design x

      Delete