Saturday 3 October 2015

MUA Rhapsody Palette Review


I am a huge fan of MUA products! I've been using them daily for many years and always recommend them to others and I'm so glad to see them expanding and gaining more support.

If you have been living under a rock and don't know who MUA are here's a bit about them: MUA (Make Up Academy) offer affordable but great quality makeup. They do everything from eyelashes to skin bases to £1 (yes £1!) lipsticks. They can be found online and are exclusive to Superdrug.

I recently purchased the Rhapsody palette from my local Superdrug after weeks of debating if I actually needed it. I own a few of their neutral palettes and I honestly wasn't sure I needed a new warm-toned palette. However, after my other half saying "what's one more" I thought why not! (I'm so easily persuaded when it comes to make up!)

Here is the palette:
 
 
The palette cost £5 and comes with 10 eye shadow shades and 2 iridescent metallic creams. It also comes with a small brush but honestly, I only kept the brush to show in the pictures and I haven't used it once. 
 
 

 
 
 
For the sake of swatches I decided to swatch the metallic creams first, followed by the four shades next to the creams going from top to bottom and lastly the remaining shades going from top to bottom (L-R). I took a picture of each swatch in natural light and with a flash.
All swatches were done without the use of any primer and were done in one swipe to show the colour payoff. 
 
 
 

 
As you can see the creams are highly pigmented and you can really see the lovely iridescence when the flash is on. I have been using the lighter shade as a highlight recently and have been loving it!
 
 
 

 Again, as you can see the shades are very pigmented with only one swipe. They do look matte without the flash but the first two shades definitely have iridescence to them.


 


 Here, again you can see all the eye shadows have a great colour payoff.


The palette does contain a good mixture of matte, stain, frost and pearl textures. I would have liked to have had one or two more matte colours in the palette, but that's just being picky!

Overall the quality you get in this palette is outstanding given the price. I have been using this on a daily basis now for the past two weeks and I honestly have no complaints. The amount of looks you can create using this one palette is incredible. I have done toned down day looks, dark, dramatic looks and even a smoky eye or two.

You can find the palette here. MUA also have a YouTube channel where their make up artist has uploaded a tutorial using this palette, which can be found here.

xoxo 



4 comments:

  1. Great review and thanks for swatches!! Been looking for some since the palette came out. TFS X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I highly recommend the palette, i'm sure you'll love it :) x

      Delete
  2. I am about to place an order on these, and your swatches have been very helpful!! Such a great palette!! :)

    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I hope you love it as much as I do! Defo one of my favourite palettes :) x

      Delete